Over the weekend
- He is both polarising and popular, and the adaption of The White Stripes’ Seven Nation Army as a Jeremy Corbyn political anthem is one of the more unusual and amusing stories from 2017.
- How to Recognize Propaganda | Cold War Era Educational Film | ca. 1957
I was amused by this video that showed up on my YouTube feed. The more things changed…etc.
topical AND ironic: Watch “How to Recognize Propaganda | Cold War Era Educational Film | ca. 1957” on YouTube – https://t.co/ixYHK7Iy5X
— Rajit Hewagama (@rajit_h) October 8, 2017
- Nuanced economic commentary – Trade deficit expands despite export growth
With a new budget due from the Government, this is a reminder that Sri Lanka’s economic development plans remain complex and perilous.
- More economic analysis, Institute of Policy Studies flagship report was released: Sri Lanka: State of the Economy
While I share many of their concerns about the employability of Sri Lanka’s workforce, I would urge caution in terms of the employment law. The situation is far more complex than a simple hire-fire paradigm.
- Politics aside, this is a fascinating glimpse into the electoral system in Sri Lanka from our much heralded Election Commissioner.
Online Marketing & E-commerce
It’s becoming very obvious that a key issue in e-commerce is to own your own delivery and logistics network. Two articles caught my attention last week: